Azamara Club Cruises Offers More in Cuba
Azamara Club Cruises announced new 2018 and 2019 Cuban itineraries that range from four to fourteen nights and visit multiple Cuban ports including Cienfuegos, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, providing a variety of getaway options for a range of travel needs. With longer stays in port and new onboard Cuban-themed programming and two overnights in Havana, travelers have a better opportunity to enjoy the country. Starting in 2018, guests can also expect an exclusive and private event only for Azamara guests, AzAmazing Evenings.
"Following the incredible popularity and high demand for our Cuba voyages, we knew we wanted to provide travelers more opportunities to explore this alluring country at night," said Larry Pimentel, President and CEO of Azamara Club Cruises. "We're fully committed to exceptional on-shore exploration through our longer stays in port. With more overnights and night tour programming, it makes sense that we would be one of the few ships to offer three full days in Havana. We look forward to bringing more magic of the Cuban culture to our new and loyal guests."
Azamara Quest in Sorrento, italy. @ 2013 Ralph Grizzle
Three New Cruise Global, Nights Local Shore Excursions
As part of Azamara's commitment to Destination Immersion, Cruise Global and Connect Local will introduce guests to the culture and people of Cuba in the most authentic way. From locally inspired small-group excursions by day and night to the signature AzAmazing Evening in Cuba, there are three new night experiences, including:
- Cabaret Parisien, Havana: Visit the Nacional Hotel de Cuba and marvel at the cabaret show "Cuban, Cuban." This performance features stunning costumes, lively music and captivating dance moves reflecting Indo-American, Hispanic and African influences. Before the performance, wander the hotel gardens and gaze out at the nighttime views of the Havana Malecón.
- Musical Evening at Fusión Havana, Havana: Embark on an evening filled with the excitement of sultry music and dances of Havana, as Cuban rhythms, Latin Jazz, and Flamenco resound through the Fusión Havana, a local showplace and restaurant. Cuba Libres and other favorite local cocktails will be served at a two-hour open bar with local delicacies like savory croquettes and stuffed tostones.
- Jewish Heritage Tour, Havana: Embrace Cuba's rich Jewish heritage with a guided tour that takes you through the streets of Old Havana's Jewish Quarter. With plenty of local encounters to hear firsthand stories about the Jewish community, the tour includes a visit to the spectacular Hotel Raquel, a breathtaking example of Havana's Jewish influence, and to a local synagogue for an authentic look at how locals worship. Pay moving visits to a historic Jewish cemetery and Havana's Holocaust Museum, a solemn reminder of World War II, curated by the local community.
Additionally, a number of experiences are being developed throughout Cienfuegos and Santiago de Cuba to give Azamara guests immersive and localized experiences outside of Havana including:
- Santiago de Cuba: Guests will explore a variety of well-known and off-the-beaten track historical sites including the Colonial Historic Center of San Juan Hill, where an instrumental battle in the Spanish – Cuban – American war occurred. Then travel to the Santa Ifigenia Cemetery, where notable Cuban national hero and literary import Jose Marti is laid to rest.
- Cienfuegos: After starting their tour in Cienfuegos, guests will travel to Trinidad, where they can explore the colonial old town and cobblestone streets. A stop at Potter's House gives guests the chance to discover the artwork of Cuban craftsmen and learn about their technique passed down through generations. Guests will round out their visit to Cienfuegos to view a performance at the Teatro Tomas Terry followed by shopping the Santa Isabel Boulevard.
A Taste of Cuba Onboard
After spending time on shore exploring the local sights, travelers can experience Cuban culture onboard their boutique hotel at sea. Enjoy the unique destination-focused programming to treat all the senses that only Azamara delivers.
Share This Post With Friends
The post Azamara Club Cruises Offers More in Cuba appeared first on Avid Cruiser.
Article ID: ART3615